Last Updated: April 21, 2014
- How we collect information
PChomeUSA collects information from you in the following ways:
- Purchases — When you place a purchase order on the Site or through the Services, you may provide PChomeUSA with your name, address, phone number, e-mail address and payment information.
- Non-Purchases — There may be instances when you are not making a purchase from PChomeUSA and you give us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address, and where applicable, payment information. Some situations when this may occur are when you become a Member, return or exchange merchandise, receive a gift from the Site or the Services or enter a contest or participate in a promotion or survey sponsored by PChomeUSA.
- Personal Shopping Account –You authorize PChomeUSA to store your name, shipping address(es) and payment information when you create a Personal Shopping Account on the Site or in connection with the use of the Services so that you may place orders more conveniently.
- E-mail updates — When you subscribe to receive PChomeUSA e-mail updates featuring exclusive offers (like free shipping), product news, special discounts, contest announcements and more, PChomeUSA requires your e-mail address. You can always opt-out of receiving e-mail updates by using the “unsubscribe link” provided with the e-mail communications, in the manner described below.
- Automatically Generated Information — When you use the Site or the Services, technological tools, including, without limitation, “cookies,” collect certain information, as explained in the following section.
- What information we collect
Personal Information. PChomeUSA gathers Personal Information from you in order to provide superior service, customize our communications to you and administer our business. “Personal Information” is information that can personally identify you. You can provide Personal Information to us on the Site through various means, including through the creation of an online account, newsletter sign-up and submission of feedback forms, contact us forms, email forms and request for information forms. The information we collect may include Personal Information, such as your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number and e-mail address.
We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Information and may retain it as reasonably required to fulfill the purposes identified herein. Providing your Personal Information to us is your choice. If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Information, you may not be able to take advantage of the Site or certain features thereof (including, without limitation, the Services).
Cookies and Tracking Devices. When you view the Site or use the Services, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file and will help us in many ways. For example, cookies allow us to maintain session information during your use of the Site or the Services. With most Internet browsers, you can erase the type of cookies we use from your computer hard drive, block our cookies, or receive a warning before our cookie is stored. However, please note that while you may still use the Site and the Services, your actions in connection with such functions may interfere with the Site and the Services functioning properly.
- How we use the information we collect
- to customize, analyze, adjust and improve the Site and the Services to better meet your needs;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to provide you with marketing and promotional information about products and services we believe are of interest to you;
- to enforce PChomeUSA’s user policies and other agreements with you;
- to prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
In addition, PChomeUSA may aggregate de-identified User data and information collected by PChomeUSA in connection with your use of the Site or the Services, with non-identifiable anonymous data from other users and customers to create anonymous aggregated data that does not identify you (“Aggregated Data”). PChomeUSA shall solely own all rights in and to any Aggregated Data, and has the irrevocable right to maintain, store, use, disclose or sell such Aggregated Data. PChomeUSA may use Aggregated Data for its internal purposes, including, without limitation, to perform statistical analyses, and for PChomeUSA’s other legitimate business purposes, including, without limitation, to supply market research to strategic partners, advertisers or other third parties.
- Disclosure of the information we collect
We will not disclose your Personal Information without your consent, except as follows:
- In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution or sale or transfer of substantially all of the assets of PChomeUSA, Personal Information and/or other information collected through the Site or the Services may be sold, assigned or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity and/or assets of PChomeUSA. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, your information also may be transferred as a business asset. By using the Site or the Services and submitting your information to us, you consent to such sale and transfer of your information.
- Controlling your information
Each of our email messages come with a simple “unsubscribe link” that permanently removes your address from our list. PChomeUSA may, however, continue to use your Personal Information to contact you to service your account, or as otherwise authorized by law. Please note that if you use more than one name or email address when communicating with PChomeUSA or using the Site or the Services, you may continue to receive communications from PChomeUSA to any name and/or e-mail address not specified in your opt-out request. If you would like to modify or delete your Personal Information (including, without limitation, your password, email address, contact information, other Personal Information and user preferences), please login to your account at PChomeUSA to make such changes or contact Customer Service with clear instructions about the information that you would like to have modified or deleted. You must promptly update your Personal Information if it changes or is inaccurate.
If you have been provided a username and password to access any Member Area, you are responsible for all actions taken with your username and password. Therefore, we recommend that you do not disclose such username or password to anyone. You may not allow others to use your username or password to access or use any part of the Site or any Services. If your username or password has been compromised for any reason, you should contact us immediately for a new username and password.
On your request, we will deactivate your password and remove your contact information from our active databases. We will retain in our files the Personal Information you have asked us to remove from our active databases to prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our user policies and comply with legal requirements. Therefore, you should not expect that your Personal Information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests. However, such Personal Information will only be available to select employees, service providers and governmental persons or entities.
PChomeUSA has implemented physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized access and use. While PChomeUSA strives to protect your information, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and, consequently, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, nor should you expect that your Personal Information, searches or other communications with PChomeUSA will always remain secure. You should be aware that PChomeUSA has no control over the security of other sites on the Internet that you might visit or interact with even when a link to any such third party site appears on our Site.
In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your Personal Information, PChomeUSA will notify you as necessary so you can take appropriate protective steps. PChomeUSA may notify you under such circumstances using the e-mail address(es) that we have on record for you.
PChomeUSA does not sell products or services for purchase by children. PChomeUSA is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. We will never knowingly request or collect personally identifiable information online from minors without prior verifiable parental consent.
To use any Site or Service, you must be the age of legal majority in your place of residence. By using the Site or any of the Services, you hereby represent that you are at least the age of legal majority in your place of residence or have otherwise provided us with parental consent. All information provided to PChomeUSA will be treated as if it was provided by an adult. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, if we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will remove it from our systems immediately.
- Links to other websites
- Opt-out policy
- California residents
- United States of America
- Conditions of use
PChome US Inc.
PO BOX 640731
San Jose, CA 95134